Talk Trash

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Leek and Acorn Squash Pizza

 


I know I really should make my own GF pizza crust from scratch. It would save money, packaging etc. If you have a recipe you want to substitute, go right ahead. For now I’ll stick to my Bob’s simply for convenience and quality. A mother of a nine month old doesn’t always have that sort of time:/. Anyhow, this pizza is sweet and savory- one of my favorite combos. Not to mention (but I am anyway) the textures! Crunchy, creamy and juicy (is that a texture?). I’m usually a four slices kinda girl (so what, I’m a runner!) but this pizza fills me up in two! Our family is obsessed with pizza. Here’s my way of stretching that obsession throughout the seasons:) Eat up!
Crust:
1 package Bob’s Red Mill pizza crust mix
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 12 tbsp warm water (Eggs for crust)
Sauce:
½ package firm tofu, drained
½ tbsp dried basil
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp fat-free vegan mayo (I use Nayonaise brand)
½ tbsp low fat vegan butter
Apprx. 1 tbsp soy milk (use as much as needed for desired consistency)
Black peeper and salt to taste
Toppings:
½ cup chopped spinach
½ acorn squash, roasted and chopped
¾ cup leek, chopped
10 garlic cloves, roasted and peeled
½ large tomato, thinly sliced
Sprinkle of black, roasted sesame seeds and red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Peel the outer layer from garlic head, trim tops off all the cloves and wrap in aluminum foil. Wrap squash in foil. Place directly on oven rack and roast until tender. Remove from oven and completely cool before handling. Make crust according to package. While dough rises and vegetables cool, prepare sauce. Add Tofu, lemon juice, basil, salt, nutritional yeast, mayo, butter and black pepper into a food processor. Blend while slowly incorporating the soy milk until a smooth saucy texture is achieved. When veggies are cooled, peel garlic and dice squash into small cubes. Spread pizza crust out on a prepared pizza pan/ stone. Bake for 5-7 minutes without toppings. Remove from oven and spread on sauce, place all veggies evenly on pizza. Top with tomatoes, sesame seeds, black pepper and red pepper flakes.

 
So many pretty colors!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment